Posted on February 11th, 2011 No comments
It’s been talked about for a long time and if you manage a Facebook business page, I’m sure you’ve complained about all the work-around’s. That’s going to become a thing of the past with the new Facebook business page layout. And, whether you want to change, you have no choice, all business pages on Facebook will appear in the new layout beginning March 2011.
Summary: Using the new business Facebook page will enable you to do almost everything you can with your personal profile. Note-In order to go back to editing your personal profile, you will need to revert back to “Use Facebook as “personal profile name”. Biggest loss is the tabs across the top of the page.
Should you upgrade now or wait. I recommend updating now. That way you can control the features you want and don’t want.
1. How you Showcase Your Latest Photos
* The most recent photos that you post to your page Wall or photos that you tag your Page in will appear at the top. This area will not include any photos posted by your fans.
* There’s not too much functionality associated with it, but at least you can hide a photo (if you don;t want it to be featured), by rolling over it and clicking X.
2. Page Design.
The tabs are gone and the navigation links are now on the left, just like on people’s profiles.
3. Show the Top Posts on Your Wall
* You now have two Wall filters. You can show posts by your page and top posts from Everyone, a new way for people to see the most interesting stories first. As an admin, you’ll have additional filters for viewing posts on your page.
* To set a default filter for your Wall, go to Edit Page.
4. Use Facebook as Your Page
You can get notifications about activity on your page, see stories from the pages you like in your news feed, and interact with other pages as your page.
-You now have the flexibility to interact with the other areas of Facebook as a page (instead of using your personal profile).
-Get notifications when fans interact with your page or posts
-See activity from the pages you like in your news feed
-Like other pages and feature them on your page
-Make comments as your page on other pages
* To try this new feature, go to your Account page and select Use Facebook as Page. You can go back to use Facebook as yourself anytime – just click Account and select your name.
5. New settings
* You can set defaults for your email notifications and how you post to your page – as yourself or your page. You can also select which featured pages appear in the left column.
* To manage your settings for email and posting preferences, go to Edit Page and Your Settings. To select which pages appear in Likes, go to Edit Page and Featured.
Here’s some links to more information on Facebook page changes:
Introducing iframe Tabs for Pages http://developers.facebook.com/blog/post/462
An upgrade for Pages: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150090729064822
So, what do you think? Has Facebook done enough to make Facebook page’s more admin and user friendly? Are there other features you would like to see?
Bad Behavior has blocked 121 access attempts in the last 7 days.